The best Mexican street corn dip! Super light and refreshing for the summer with all your beloved street corn flavors. Perfect for your next summer cookout!
Street corn is music to my tastebuds. It’s seriously my favorite thing to order off of a menu at a Mexican restaurant. The crunchy, charred corn. The creaminess of the sauce. The kick of heat from the chili powder. And the saltiness of the cojita cheese. It’s mouth-watering. It makes me want to travel back to Mexico every single time!
We’ve been getting a LOT of corn in our CSA lately so I decided to put it to good use. Mexican street corn meets the cast iron and tortilla chips. It’s basically street corn except you get to scoop it up with tortilla chips versus eating it off the cob.
This would be perfect for a summer cookout or party. It’s packed with summer flavor and is corn-forward so it doesn’t feel to heavy or hot for the summer. It’s a deliciously light and refreshing dip that doesn’t skimp on flavor!
I tested this one a few times and this version in the cast iron is definitely my favorite! My parents are coming into town this weekend to visit and see our new place so I’m thinking we’ll be hanging out on our back porch noshing on this dip maybe with a couple cervezas in hand.
If you don’t have a cast iron, any old skillet will do. Feel free to sub frozen corn for fresh if it’s not available. And feta would make a good salty replacement if you can’t get your hands on cojita cheese! Dig in, friends!
More appetizer recipes to share:Print
- 3 cups corn kernels (about 4–5 ears of corn)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/2 cup cojita cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- In a cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add corn, stirring occasionally, until corn is charred, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add jalapeno, red onion, chili powder and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in mayonnaise, yogurt, lime juice, and cojita cheese, until cheese is melted and corn is evenly coated. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Season with salt, to taste.
- Serve warm or cold with tortilla chips.
- Category: Dips
- Method: Cast iron
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: street corn, dip, mexican