Air Fryer Garlic bread is super crispy, crunchy, and ready in just five minutes. The quickest garlic bread you’ll ever make! Garlic bread is pretty much the perfect accompaniment to any meal! It’s a satisfying side dish that pairs with just about any entree.
I love garlic bread but I never take the time to make it. Thinking waiting for the oven to preheat. Baking it for 15 minutes. It’s just too much time when I’m in a hurry to get dinner on the table.
But air fryer garlic bread?! FIVE MINUTES TOTAL. No pre-heating necessary! Now THAT is a garlic bread I can get behind taking the time for.
Plus, it gets deliciously crispy and crunchy – the texture is better than oven garlic bread!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Notes on Ingredients
Baguette: I’d use a French-style baguette but really any bread that’s shaped like a baguette and has a soft center will work!
Butter: use unsalted since you’ll be adding salt
Optional ingredients: shredded mozzarella cheese if you want extra cheesy flavor, parsley for a pop of green and slight bitterness, red pepper flakes for a hint of heat, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or Italian seasoning for even more flavor
I tested this with multiple topping variations and personally liked the version with shredded mozzarella and parsley the best!
Equipment You’ll Need (affiliate links – I earn a small commission if you make a purchase)
Air Fryer (this is the one I have)
How to Make Air Fryer Garlic Bread
Step 1: In a small mixing bowl, add butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese.
Step 2: Mix ingredients together until thick paste is formed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Step 3: Spread butter mixture evenly over baguette halves.
Step 4: If using shredded mozzarella, sprinkle that over halves now.
Step 5: Place halves onto air fryer basket. Set temperature to 350 degrees and air fry for 5 minutes, or until garlic bread is golden brown and cheese has melted.
Be careful not to crowd air fryer basket. In order for bread to get extra crispy, you want there to be enough room between bread pieces for air to circulate.
Air Fryer Garlic Bread FAQs
How do I store air fryer garlic bread?
Garlic bread is best stored at room temperature for up to two days. Refrigerator storage is not recommended as it quickly dries out the bread. For longer-term storage, store garlic bread in the freezer.
Can I freeze leftover garlic bread?
To freeze leftover garlic bread, let bread cool completely. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store in airtight container or freezer bag for up to three months.
Can I cook store-bought garlic bread in the air fryer?
Yes! Try cooking at the same temperature and time – 350 degrees until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes.
Can I cook frozen garlic bread in the air fryer?
Yes! Start at 350 degrees and check after 5 minutes for slices of garlic bread and 10 minutes for a full baguette.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes! This recipe can be made vegan by substituting butter with a vegan buttery spread and parmesan cheese with nutritional yeast.
Recipes That Pair Well
- Slow Cooker Potato Leek Soup
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Corn Chowder
- Crockpot Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Slow Cooker Vegan Italian Wedding Soup
- Vegan Turmeric Pumpkin Soup
- Charred Asparagus Salad with Egg
- Summer Peach Corn Salad
Check out my other air fryer recipes below!
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings, Air Fryer or Oven
- Air Fryer Salmon (Fresh or Frozen)
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
If you like this recipe, please be sure to comment and give it a 5 star rating below. If you make it, share it on Instagram and tag me @karalydonrd and I’ll re-share it with my followers! If you want to save this recipe for later, be sure to pin it on Pinterest!Print
Air Fryer Garlic bread is super crispy, crunchy, and ready in just five minutes. The quickest garlic bread you’ll ever make!
- 16 ounce baguette
- ½ cup butter, softened or melted
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional ingredients: shredded mozzarella, finely chopped flat leaf parsley for garnish, red pepper flakes
- Cut the baguette in half and then cut both pieces in half down its length, opening it up into two halves each (you’ll end up with four pieces total).
- In a small mixing bowl, mix butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread butter mixture evenly over baguette halves. If using shredded mozzarella, sprinkle that over halves now.
- Place halves onto air fryer basket. Set temperature to 350 degrees and air fry for 5 minutes, or until garlic bread is golden brown and cheese has melted.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to cook in two batches. For second batch, reduce the cook time since your air fryer will be preheated, to about 3-4 minutes.
- Cut into smaller pieces depending on how many you are serving.
- Serve warm and garnish with parsley and/or red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Be careful not to crowd air fryer basket. In order for bread to get extra crispy, you want there to be enough room between bread pieces for air to circulate.
- Air fryers vary in terms of cooking times and temperatures. It’s always best to use these instructions as a guide but to test with your specific air fryer.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: air fryer garlic bread, how to make garlic bread air fryer