This Tahini Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is perfect for an afternoon snack, breakfast or even dessert! All the goodness of banana bread plus that delicious nutty flavor from the tahini!Last week I shared with you guys that we put an offer on a condo in Boston and asked for your good vibes. It all happened VERY quickly and VERY unexpectedly but it felt right so we went for it. Well, I’m excited to share that our offer was accepted!!! Insert all the champagne bottle and celebration emojis here.
Our planned closing date is May 27, which will be here like tomorrow. I kind of have all the feels right now because I’m super excited for this next chapter of our lives and also I’m experiencing some waves of grieving the chapter we’re about to close. We’ve been in our current apartment for 4.5 years now and so much has happened while we lived there – an engagement, a marriage, and so many travels. There is a feeling of leaving that part of our lives behind while we enter a new phase. I wonder if other people go through this when they buy their first home?Anyways I’m excited to share updates along the way and eventually (hopefully if all goes well!) an intro to our new place! Until then, I will be eating lots of this banana bread I’m sharing with you today. Because mortgages and loans and inspections and attorneys are stressful and banana bread provides me comfort :).
You guys are going to LOVE this recipe. I’ve been on a tahini baking kick ever since my BOMB chocolate chip tahini cookies. It’s deliciously nutty and is packed with healthy fats. Win, win in my book. I used white whole-wheat flour, which has the benefits of added fiber with a more mild taste. Andddd I added chocolate chips because banana + chocolate + tahini is AMAZE. Banana bread is so easy to whip up quickly in one bowl that I’ll be hoarding bananas to ripen from now and until forever. No joke, for my last recipe test, I had to hide bananas in the cupboard so my husband and I wouldn’t eat them and they would ripen lol.This banana bread is perfect as is but put a slice in the toaster with some butter and dammmmn. Literally have eaten this bread morning, noon and night. For breakfast, snack, and dessert. Also just ate a slice 5 minutes ago because these images were making me hungry :).Print
This Tahini Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is perfect for an afternoon snack, breakfast or even dessert! All the goodness of banana bread plus that delicious nutty flavor from the tahini!
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 medium bananas, very ripe
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Optional: 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (to sprinkle over top)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, letting excess hang over the sides to make a sling. Spray the inside with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil, tahini and sugars until combined.
- Add eggs and whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Whisk in the almond milk and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas using the end of the whisk to your preferred consistency. Whisk into mixture until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and fold into batter until just combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle walnuts over top.
- Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until the top is dark brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire cooling rack for 10 minutes. Using the parchment paper sling, remove loaf from pan and place on wire rack to cool another 10 minutes before serving.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
Keywords: tahini, banana bread, chocolate chip
Tell me, have you ever used tahini in baked goods before?