This Tahini Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is perfect for an afternoon snack, breakfast or even dessert! All the goodness of banana bread plus that delicious nutty flavor from the tahini!
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 medium bananas, very ripe
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Optional: 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (to sprinkle over top)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, letting excess hang over the sides to make a sling. Spray the inside with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil, tahini and sugars until combined.
- Add eggs and whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Whisk in the almond milk and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas using the end of the whisk to your preferred consistency. Whisk into mixture until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and fold into batter until just combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle walnuts over top.
- Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until the top is dark brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire cooling rack for 10 minutes. Using the parchment paper sling, remove loaf from pan and place on wire rack to cool another 10 minutes before serving.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
Keywords: tahini, banana bread, chocolate chip