- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsalted, creamy almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Maldon sea salt (or any coarse sea salt)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, almond butter and vanilla. In a separate large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, cinnamon, baking soda and dark chocolate. Combine wet ingredients with dry in the large bowl and stir to combine until dry mixture is evenly coated.
- Drop 1/4 cup of dough onto baking sheet, leaving a couple inches between cookies, and sprinkle each with a few sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
This post was originally published April 2014. The pictures and recipe have been updated to give you the best content possible!
Check out these recipes below for more chocolate inspired goodies:
I’m a nutrition coach and yoga teacher helping people to learn to love food again. I love cooking, taking pictures of my food and traveling around the world. Follow my blog for delicious, seasonal vegetarian recipes and simple strategies to bring more yoga and mindfulness into your life. And check out my e-book to learn how to improve your health through nutrition and yoga. Show me what deliciousness you make! Tag me @karalydonRD on Instagram.