The perfect guilt-free, sweet treat for Valentine’s Day – these dark chocolate raspberry hemp truffles are packed with nutrition, contain no added sugar, but taste super indulgent!
Caaaaaan you feel the loooooove tonight?
Feel that? It’s my love for chocolate. Valentine’s Day. Steve. And hemp seeds. All wrapped into one little truffle.
For me, food is love. No other way around it. Every time I make dinner or a treat for Steve and I, I’m really serving up my love on a silver platter (except it’s not really silver because who uses silver platters anymore?).
For Valentine’s Day this year, rather than buy each other gifts, we’re going skiing together to give each other our quality time (read: no cell phone zone!). But you know you can’t go away on a romantic trip together without a little chocolate to tag along. Which is why I made these drool-worthy, guilt-free truffles to bring with us to Vermont.
I love using hemp seeds in cooking (remember my Buffalo Quinoa Chickpea Burgers?) because they’re so versatile and packed with nutrition. And in addition to hemp seeds, Manitoba Harvest now sells hemp protein powders! Making it even easier to pack hemp protein into your day. They have three varieties:
- HempPro 70 – highest protein option (Original flavor packs in 20g per 1oz serving) and it’s water soluble so you can add to your morning latte or smoothie, give it a shake, and go!
- HempPro 50 – your best bet for a one-two punch of protein AND fiber. 15g protein and 7g fiber in a 1oz serving.
- HempPro Fiber – 13g of fiber packed into 1oz serving. Hellooooo, healthy digestive tract!
These taste great in smoothies and can also be used in baking and desserts. You betcha I snuck some chocolate flavored hemp protein powder into these truffles. Protein packed truffles = V-Day WIN!Print
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Hemp Truffles
- Yield: Approximately 22 truffles 1x
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pits removed (approximately 10 dates)
- 1 cup chopped raw pecans
- 5 tbsp Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 3 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp Manitoba Harvest Chocolate Hemp Pro70 (hemp protein powder)
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Using a blender or food processor, puree raspberries and strain through a cheesecloth or sieve, discarding the seeds. Set raspberry puree aside.
- In a food processor, add dates, pecans, Hemp Hearts, cocoa powder, Hemp Pro70, and maca powder, and pulse until combined and crumb-like consistency. Transfer to a medium bowl and fold in the raspberry puree.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and place onto wax paper or parchment-lined baking sheets. Store in freezer for 20 minutes, until chilled.
- In the meantime, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Remove truffles from freezer and place the balls, one at a time, into the melted chocolate until coated. Remove and return truffles to parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Sprinkle one or two flakes of salt over the top of each truffle.
- Store in the refrigerator to keep chilled.
If vegan, make sure the dark chocolate chips are in fact dairy-free.
I love how these are the perfect pop of sweet and super satisfying! My sweet tooth cravings are totally satisfied after having just one of these truffles. Dark chocolate + raspberry + sea salt = any chocolate lover’s dream.
These sound SOO good! Love the nutrient dense ingredients, but I know they will taste like a treat!! 🙂
Totally taste like a treat!
Wow! These look so tasty and healthy! Truly a great Valentine’s Day treat!
These look so decadent! Love dark choc + rasp combo. And can you believe I have never had hemp hearts?! Need to change that asap.
Thanks, Jenny! Giiiiirl, get yourself some Hemp Hearts! 😉 Snag some from the next FNCE lol
Oh mah gawd these look SO yummmmm!!!! I need to try this recipe ASAP!
Omg these look so good!
can you sub something else for the maca powder?
Oh my gosh, yum!! This is my kind of V-day treat!! Thanks for the lovely recipe.
Thanks, Hillary! Enjoy 🙂
Oh my goodness these look so decadent and delicious! Pinning These!!!! 🙂
🙂 Thanks, Rachel!!
These sound amazing! Raspberry and chocolate is a fav combo of mine 🙂
Thanks, Tara! Yeah, you can’t go wrong with chocolate & raspberries!
Kara I just want to say you are brilliant! These are some of my favorite desserts! I always rave about these to my family and friends, and am going to make some batches for them too! 🙂
Awe! Thanks so much, Jennifer! I’m thrilled you love them! Hope your fam and friends enjoy them too 🙂
These seems delicious! Could you give any suggestion on replacing the raspberry? What could I use instead of it?
Thanks, Fernanda! You could substitute any type of fruit puree for the raspberry. Strawberry would work really nice.
Love this recipe, Kara! I just bought some hemp seeds yesterday so I’ll have to give this a try. That’s wonderful that you’re taking a trip to Vermont–just a tiny bit jealous 🙂 Have fun!
Thanks, Karman! Let me know what you think and enjoy! They’re a great sweet treat any day of the year, really :). And VT was great – made a point to visit Boyden Winery’s tasting room so I could get a bottle of Glogg to bring back with me!
These look amazing! I’ve never cooked with hemp seeds, but I definitely I want try them out. Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day, I love the idea of giving of spending the day together and “unplugged”!
Thanks, Sonali! I really enjoy cooking with hemp seeds – surprisingly versatile. You too – happy Valentine’s Day! xo
Kara, these look amazing! I love hemp hearts and I put them in my smoothie every morning, thank you for giving me another great way to use them. 🙂
Thanks, Linda! And you’re so welcome – enjoy! And happy Valentine’s Day! xo
I just tried hemp in the last couple months and absolutely love it–and maca too! I bet they’re both really tasty in these! Have a fun weekend skiing!
Thanks, Rebecca! Glad to hear the hemp and maca experimentations were a success! Two awesome health foods.
These look fabulous- love your comment about “serving love on a silver platter.” Nourishing my sweetie’s stomach with delicious food is probably one of the number one ways I express my love! Glad I’m not the only one out there 🙂
Thanks, Lauren! Spoken like a true RD foodie 😉
Yummy! Hemp with chocolate is so good!
Couldn’t agree more! Thanks 🙂
You read my mind! Last night I was pinning all things chocolate & raspberry. Pinning!
Haha – such a good V-Day food combo! Thanks for sharing 🙂
I’ve become obsessed with these sweet and spicy chocolate covered strawberries that I made the other week. Seriously made them like every other day haha.
These Hemp Truffles sound amazing though!! Happy early Valentine’s Day 🙂
Hahaha. Those sound delicious. No wonder! Definitely heading over to your blog to find them right now. Thanks, lady! You too! xoxo
These look incredible and perfect for Valentine’s Day. Or really any day of the week .
Thanks, Allie. Haha definitely an anytime treat. But V-Day is the perfect excuse to make ’em. 🙂
WOW! These look so rich, and I love how healthy they are! Delicious!
Oh my! Those look decadent! I may have to try my hand at them this week and serve em up on Valentine’s Day… TO MYSELF! 😉
Haha they look decadent but are actually packed with a ton of nutrition! Which is why I also will be gifting these to myself on Valentine’s Day. Maybeeeee I’ll share a couple with the fiancée. Maybe. Enjoy!