- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pits removed (approximately 10 dates)
- 1 cup chopped raw pecans
- 5 tbsp Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 3 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp Manitoba Harvest Chocolate Hemp Pro70 (hemp protein powder)
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Using a blender or food processor, puree raspberries and strain through a cheesecloth or sieve, discarding the seeds. Set raspberry puree aside.
- In a food processor, add dates, pecans, Hemp Hearts, cocoa powder, Hemp Pro70, and maca powder, and pulse until combined and crumb-like consistency. Transfer to a medium bowl and fold in the raspberry puree.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and place onto wax paper or parchment-lined baking sheets. Store in freezer for 20 minutes, until chilled.
- In the meantime, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Remove truffles from freezer and place the balls, one at a time, into the melted chocolate until coated. Remove and return truffles to parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Sprinkle one or two flakes of salt over the top of each truffle.
- Store in the refrigerator to keep chilled.
If vegan, make sure the dark chocolate chips are in fact dairy-free.