Cheesy mashed cauliflower roasted leek pizza is the ultimate game-day appetizer. It tastes hearty and indulgent but is loaded with veggies!
I feel like anytime Boston gets hit with a big snow storm, I involuntarily resort to baking.
Remember Nemo? I made chocolate chip cookies.
Juno? Bring on the pizza. #whatjunoaboutdat (best juno hashtag I saw all week)
Homemade pizza is one of my all-time favorite dinners, favorite date night activities, and favorite game-day snack. Yes, pizza is everything to me.
And a really good pizza can make all the difference between me wanting to watch the SuperBowl and taking a long nap (also known as going to bed early). I mean, I’m just not a football girl. I’m pretty sure it was only a few years go that I finally caught on to what a “first down” meant. Yeah. Embarrassing. But when your most exciting football years occurred before you were five years old (Bills heading to the Super Bowl three years in a row in the early 90’s), that doesn’t give you a whole lot to go on.
I do love Super Bowl Sunday for the eats, the commercials and the halftime show. In fact, I’ve been known to be that girl who only perks up when the commercials come on. I’ve also been known to be the girl that makes traditional game day eats healthified. Like those Buffalo cauliflower wings and my parmesan truffle parsnip fries. Touchdown.
Today, I’ve got a heartier app in mind – the za. Cabot challenged us to create a healthier game day app or snack using their cheese.
So, I did a spin on one of the most carb loaded pizzas ever – the mashed potato pizza. I’ve been dying to try mashed cauliflower as a substitute for mashed potatoes and thought this was a prime time to use it – on pizza!Print
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 3 tbsp butter
- 6oz Monterey Jack Cabot Cheese, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb store-bought whole-wheat pizza dough
- 1 large egg
- Bring pizza dough to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring two inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Place steamer basket inside of saucepan and add cauliflower to steamer basket. Cover the pot. Steam for 5-10 minutes, or until cauliflower is fork tender.
- Transfer cauliflower to a food processor, add butter, 3oz Cabot Cheese, and pulse to combine until creamy, smooth consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer leek to baking sheet and brush with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, or until browned and tender. Let cool and thinly slice.
- Roll out pizza dough onto lightly floured pizza stone. Pre bake crust for 5-7 minutes.
- Spread cauliflower mixture evenly onto dough.Top with leeks and 3oz shredded Cabot Cheese.
- Make space in the middle of the pizza for a nest and crack egg into nest.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until egg has set.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Check out the recipes below for more unique pizza pairings:
See what other cheesy Cabot creations Reduxers are making for the big game day below:
[inlinkz_linkup id=482636 mode=1]
I’m a nutrition coach and yoga teacher helping people to learn to love food again. I love cooking, taking pictures of my food and traveling around the world. Follow my blog for delicious, seasonal vegetarian recipes and simple strategies to bring more yoga and mindfulness into your life. And check out my e-book to learn how to improve your health through nutrition and yoga. Show me what deliciousness you make! Tag me @karalydonRD on Instagram.