Savory with a hint of sweet, these parmesan truffle parsnip fries are an awesome guilt-free game day snack.
After (almost) a week of fun and sun (more like work indoors, actually) in Napa, I’m back in Boston just in time for massive blizzard! Kind of wish I was stranded in sunny California right now.
But, alas, I’m snowed in and taking full advantage by spending all my time in the kitchen developing recipes to share with ya’ll.
This week, I’m all about football-friendly snacks and apps in honor of the upcoming BIG game day on Sunday. Did you know that Super Bowl Sunday falls right behind Thanksgiving in terms of calories consumed in one day? You can rest assured all the snacks I’m sharing with you this week are packed with nutrition but give you that same game day satisfaction.
Like these parsnip fries.
I love fries. With their crispy, crunchy exterior and salty taste, I’m pretty addicted. But rather than noshing on potato-based fries all the time, I love making sweet potato fries and recently, parsnip fries.
Parsnips, in-season this time of year, are low in calories and a good source of fiber, vitamin C, folate, and manganese. They kind of look like white carrots and taste a little sweeter than a carrot or a potato. You can use parsnips in cooking just as you would any other root vegetable.
By now, you probably know that I’m obsessed with truffle ANYTHING. And fries are no exception to the rule. So, I seasoned these bad boys with a little truffle oil and a little parmesan cheese. SO simple. Only 3 ingredients!Print
- 6 medium parsnips, pealed and sliced into fries
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 1/2 tsp white truffle oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, toss parsnips with olive, salt, and pepper, and transfer them to the baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until browned and crisp, flipping parsnips over about halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and toss with truffle oil and parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size: Serves 2-4