Friday Foodie Dietitian Favorites – my faves for the week – recipes, mindfulness, and inspiration. This week, my fave recipes are Halloween-inspired!
On TFD this Week
Life Updates & Gratitude
- This week has been filled with lots of catching up with old friends – Monday night I rendezvoused with my dietetic internship crew from Mount Auburn Hospital at the amazing Alden & Harlow in Harvard Square (which I’d been dying to try ever since it opened). We had this raw spiralized pumpkin salad with almonds, dates, sardo and jalapeño brown butter – it was heavenly.
- On Wednesday, I attended an AWESOME communications/media training with a group of rockstar Boston RDs that was sponsored by The New England Dairy & Food Council and led by powerhouse Teri Goudie. I learned so much from Teri that I know I’ll be able to carry with me for years to come. Plus, it was great seeing a handful of RDs I hadn’t seen in ages like Kate Scarlata!
- Then Wednesday night, I caught up with Ayla of Eat Simply at Ten Tables JP. She’s transitioning to going full-time with her private practice and business and I couldn’t be more excited for her.
- I’ll now be at Sweat and Soul Yoga on Thursday nights helping out Cara Gilman with her hip hop yoga class at 7:30pm. Hope to see you there!
- I’m grateful for: travel slowing down, time to spend working on the apartment, more quality time at home with Steve and Lil’ C, me-time, quiet mornings to meditate, friends, and a sea of yellow and orange when I look out my window from my desk.
Happy Halloween weekend ya’ll! xo
Hungry for more Friday Favorites from a fellow foodie? Check out MJ and Hungryman for even more recipes & deliciousness!
I’m a nutrition coach and yoga teacher helping people to learn to love food again. I love cooking, taking pictures of my food and traveling around the world. Follow my blog for delicious, seasonal vegetarian recipes and simple strategies to bring more yoga and mindfulness into your life. And check out my e-book to learn how to improve your health through nutrition and yoga. Show me what deliciousness you make! Tag me @karalydonRD on Instagram.