Friday Foodie Dietitian Favorites – my faves for the week – recipes, mindfulness, and inspiration.
On TFD This Week
Carrot Cake Quinoa Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting via Healthfully Ever After (obsessed with carrot cake with cream cheese frosting so I’m all love this healthy twist)
Vegan Potato Nachos via Delish Knowledge (this girl knows her vegan nachos)
Slow Cooker Vegan Chickpea and Potato Curry via The Pretty Bee (curry? slow cooker? done and done)
Sweet Citrus and Spice Salmon Sliders via Jenny Shea Rawn at My Cape Cod Kitchen (these sliders look bomb!)
Grilled Vegetable Tart via Craving Something Healthy (leftover grilled veggies? throw ’em in a tart for a quick dinner!)
Fave Mindfulness Inspiration
Everything the Buddha Ever Taught in Two Words via The Elephant Journal (hint: it has something to do with change)
How Meditation Can Help Us Evolve via Elena Brower (through meditation, we release)
5 Ways for Urban Yogis to Live their Yoga via Daily Cup of Yoga (a modern translation of the 5 yamas from the yoga sutra)
Busy Is A Sickness via Huffington Post (very powerful read — we create our own busyness. Why? The answer might surprise you)
Life Updates & Gratitude
- Grateful for some fun in the sun in Florida with supermarket RDs earlier this week. Such a fun group of RDs and a fabulous conference put on by Oldways!
- Grateful for lots of laughs with my cousin and the chance to catch-up with him while I was in Florida.
- Grateful for the school of dolphins I saw while walking along the bay in St. Petersburgh. I’ve never seen dolphins that close-up before! It was so cool.
- Grateful for safe, uneventful travel back & forth.
- Grateful for no big plans this weekend so Steve and I can do fun things like create a budget for our wedding & honeymoon (insert nervous emoji here).
- Grateful for the fact that we were able to change our wedding date so that two of my closest girlfriends could come. Say hello to Labor Day weekend 2016!
- Grateful for a full life and schedule! (Trying to replace the word busy with full after reading the Huff Post article above)
Happy weekend, ya’ll! xo