Friday Foodie Dietitian Favorites – my faves for the week – recipes, mindfulness, and inspiration. And this week, tis the season for a holiday dessert recipe round-up!
Give the Gift of Health This Holiday Season via An Avocado A Day (a powerful post & beautiful reminder)
Yearly Reflection: Your In and Out List via Healthfully Ever After (what will you bring in and take out of your life in 2015?)
This Surprising New Year’s Resolution Could Transform Your Life via Mind Body Green (create space for yourself)
The Power of Restorative Yoga to Feel Good in Your Body via Mindful Meals (I try to practice restorative yoga at least once a week and find it incredibly powerful and healing).
On TFD This Week
What The Foodie Dietitian Ate Wednesday #13 (& my secret to slow cooked salmon!)
Life Updates & Gratitude
- I’ve been feeling a little off balance this week. I think it’s a result of being burnt out from not having a true “day off” in a while. Listening to my body’s reaction to being overworked, I’m taking some (real) time off over the next couple weeks. I’ll still be popping up on the blog here and there but will be spending most of my time with Steve, family, and friends, thinking about my goals for 2015, and figuring out what I can add in and take out of my life to bring me more happiness and to further connect me to my core desired feelings.
- Grateful for an exciting collaboration with a RD friend and colleague of mine for the New Year – details coming soon on a local workshop that if you’re in the Greater Boston Area, you won’t want to miss!
- Grateful for taking a dedicated couple of days to spend QT with Steve this weekend to do all the holiday things (watch Elf, make Christmas cookies, shop for gifts, drink hot toddies, make more Christmas cookies).
- Grateful for all of your positive vibes and good luck wishes last Friday for my yoga audition at Boston University. It went really well and I’m excited to announce that I’ll be teaching yoga there starting next semester. I’ll be sure to post my teaching schedule for next year on the website once it’s finalized. Would love to see local folks at a class!
- Grateful for Steve being patient with me this week as I’ve been off-centered and his encouragement to take time OFF (reality check: taking time off is so much harder when you own your own business, at least it is for me. Anyone else feel me?)
- Grateful for my precious cat child and all of his adorableness each and every day and for being my #1 office assistant.
Happy weekend ya’ll! xo
Hungry for more friday favorites from a fellow foodie? Check out my friend Min over at The Adventures of MJ and Hungryman!