With only three ingredients, peanut butter, Greek yogurt, and salted caramel, this delish peanut butter apple dip takes only a few minutes to whip up!
It’s that time of year! We’ve officially entered fall, which means it’s time for apple picking, apple pie, caramel apples, apple cider, aka all the apple things.
There’s nothing like biting into a fresh, crisp apple for a snack. But if you’re like me, you need something a little more substantial to pair the apple with to hold you over.
Peanut butter is a great go-to but what if I told you you could make a delicious creamy peanut buttery dip with salted caramel to sweeten the deal?!
If you love caramel apples and you love apples with peanut butter, this DIP IS FOR YOU!
The dip only calls for THREE ingredients so it’s super easy to whip up in just a couple minutes.
I suggest buying jarred salted caramel or making the caramel ahead of time as a time saver. But if you want to make the caramel by scratch, it only takes another 20 minutes by the time the caramel is cool enough to use.
Grab yer apples and when I dip, you dip, we dip.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Notes on Ingredients
Greek yogurt: I used 2% Plain for this recipe but you could use also use whole milk or 0% if you’d like, but my recommendation would be for whole or 2%.
Peanut butter: I used creamy, unsalted.
Salted caramel: If all you have is regular jarred caramel at home, add a pinch of sea salt to the dip
Apples: Use for favorite variety for snacking. I love gala, fuji, and honeycrisp!
How to Make Peanut Butter Apple Dip
This apple dip is SUPER easy to make with only three ingredients.
If you want to be able to make this dip in just a few minutes, I suggest using jarred caramel sauce. But if you want to make caramel from scratch, it only takes another three ingredients: sugar, butter, and heavy cream. It only takes about five minutes on the stovetop to make and then at least 15 minutes to cool.
For the caramel, you’ll heat the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking often, until sugar is completely melted. Whisk in butter until melted. Remove from heat and whisk in heavy cream. Add a few pinches of flaky sea salt for salted caramel.Then to make the dip, simply stir together yogurt, peanut butter, and caramel until combined, smooth and creamy.
Drizzle with a little extra caramel over top because why not?! It is fall after all.
Apple Dip FAQs
Can you use other types of fruit with this dip?
Of course! I like apples the best with this flavor profile but you could also use bananas, strawberries, grapes, pineapple, etc.
What if I don’t want to use caramel?
You can leave it out but I’d use another sweetener instead, like agave or maple syrup, to balance out the flavors.
What if I don’t eat dairy/am vegan?
You can use a non dairy yogurt as a substitute.
How do you store this dip?
Store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to a week.
Can you use peanut butter powder instead?
Yes! You might want to try thinning it out with a splash of milk though.
For more fall inspo, check out my recipes below!
- Apple Baked Oatmeal
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Risotto
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
If you like this recipe, please be sure to give it a 5 star rating below. If you make it, share it on instagram and tag me @karalydonrd and I’ll re-share it with my followers! If you want to save this recipe for later, be sure to pin it on Pinterest!Print
A creamy apple dip fit for fall made with just three ingredients: Greek yogurt, peanut butter, and salted caramel.
For the Salted Caramel:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 pinches of Maldon sea salt flakes (or any course sea salt)
For the Apple Dip:
- 7 ounces cup 2% Plain Greek yogurt (or can use 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon salted caramel sauce
- Extra salted carmel sauce, for serving
- Apples, for serving
For the Salted Caramel:
- In a medium saucepan, add sugar over medium heat. Whisk frequently once sugar begins to melt. The sugar will begin to form lumps but keep whisking until the sugar melts down completely and all the lumps disappear.
- Once the sugar has completely melted, add the butter, and whisk until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add the heavy cream, whisking until combined. Add salt and whisk until dissolved.
- Let sit and cool for at least 15 minutes before transferring to a jar.
For the Apple Dip:
- In a small mixing bowl, stir yogurt, peanut butter, and caramel until combined, smooth and creamy. Drizzle extra salted caramel on top before serving.
- Serve with sliced apples.
- Store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to a week.
- For a time saver, use jarred caramel sauce.
- Pair with apples or your favorite fruit you have on hand!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dip
- Cuisine: Fall
Keywords: peanut butter apple dip, peanut butter yogurt dip, caramel peanut butter yogurt dip, caramel yogurt dip, apple dip with yogurt
This recipe was retested, reshot, and revamped to give you the most delicious (and beautiful!) recipe. The original recipe was published September 2014.