The best gluten-free pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and packed with that sweet pumpkin flavor we all crave for the fall.
I’m kind of obsessed with Lizzo rn (who isn’t tho?) and I about died when I saw the twitter exchange with @MeCookieMonster and Lizzo. “Me just took a DNA test turns out me 100% cookies” LOL and then Lizzo came back with “EVEN WHEN ME CRUMBLE CRAZY ME GOT SHORTBREAD PROBLEMS THATS THE MONSTER IN ME NOM NOM THEN ME EAT EM THATS THE COOKIE IN ME”. As if I needed to love her anymore. Anyways as I write this blog post that’s the jingle in my head rn. Bc basically after testing this recipe my DNA test would also be 100% cookies.
It’s officially fall, ladies and gents (even if it’s 80 degrees here on the East coast). So bust out your pumpkin and your flannel because it’s time to get COZY. And in true fall fashion, I had to kick things off with a pumpkin recipe! These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are HEAVENLY. They’re crispy on the outside and ultra chewy on the inside. They also happen to be gluten-free if that’s your fancy but if not you can totally sub the GF flour for all-purpose!
I’ve been loving these as something sweet to have at night after dinner or even after lunch if I feel that hankering for something sweet. This recipe has been hitting the spot so you best believe it’s going to be on repeat this fall.
And someone’s birthday is next week (hi, it me), so if you are looking for a way to show her your love, please make her these cookies ;). Enjoy friends and happy fall!Print
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups 1:1 gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- optional: coarse sea salt for topping
- In a large mixing bowl or in a stand mixer, mix together butter and sugar until incorporated.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla, and an egg and mix until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt, and mix until combined.
- Pour dry ingredients into stand mixer or into large bowl with wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 60 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Let dough sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before scooping.
- Using a cookie dough scoop or 1/4 measuring cup, scoop dough out onto baking sheet, leaving space between cookies.
- Bake until cookies are golden-brown, about 12-13 minutes.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Cookies
Keywords: cookies, pumpkin, chocolate chip, gluten free