Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday Dear Recipe Redux, Happy Birthday to You! That’s right, it’s been a year since Recipe Redux kicked off it’s first recipe theme. Can you believe it?!
To celebrate a full year of Recipe Reduxing, we’re following one of the top restaurant trends of recent years: small bite desserts. This month we’re featuring our favorite mini sweet treats.
I found myself recently craving a chocolate covered frozen banana from TJs. Then I happened to be browsing Pinterest and came across lil’ mini chocolate covered frozen bananas. Then, I knew just what I had to do for this month’s Recipe Redux.Print
- 2 bars of dark chocolate
- 3 firm bananas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- whipped cream
- In a small saucepan, heat the dark chocolate bars over low heat.
- Leaving the peel on, cut each banana into halves or thirds. Using an apple corer or a knife, core out the middle of the banana.
- Fill each banana with a teaspoon of ice cream/frozen yogurt.
- Once the chocolate has melted, remove the peel off of the bananas and dip each into the melted chocolate so that about half of the banana is covered. Before the chocolate hardens, roll the chocolate covered banana around the crushed peanuts.
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Repeat with each banana piece.
- Once frozen, remove from the freezer and top each off with a dollop of whipped cream.
These little guys make for a perfect treat on a warm summer night.
Nom. Nom. Nom.
And they’re so gosh darn cute!
Cool off this summer with these mini treats that are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!