I’m so excited to write this post today because I’ve got exciting news to share: Kara Lydon Nutrition is hiring a registered dietitian to join its team! If you’re passionate about helping people heal their relationships with food and their bodies, this job is for you! We practice evidence-based nutrition counseling under the paradigms of intuitive eating and Health at Every Size. We see clients who have eating disorders, disordered eating, digestive disorders, and general health and wellness concerns. We also run the food and healthful lifestyle blog, The Foodie Dietitian.
You don’t need to have a ton of experience in these areas but you must have a keen passion and interest and eagerness to learn, grow and evolve. And if you do have experience in these areas, even better! More important than the knowledge base or experience, is your general skillset and attitude. We’re looking for someone who is empathetic, compassionate, and mindful. Someone who is highly motivated and hard-working. Someone who is flexible and adaptable and has attention to detail. And someone with strong verbal and written communication skills. If this is sounding like you, I hope you will apply!
To give you more insight into our private practice, approach and values, please visit our nutrition counseling page and about page. I’m beyond thrilled to grow this team and to be able to offer nutrition counseling to more people who need support. If you’re not interested in this position but know someone who may be, I would be so grateful if you would pass this along.
And for the full job description and application instructions, see below!
Position Title: Registered Dietitian
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Company: Kara Lydon Nutrition
Kara Lydon Nutrition is looking to hire a registered dietitian to join its team! You will be providing outpatient nutrition counseling to clients with eating disorders, disordered eating, digestive disorders, and general health and wellness concerns. You will collaborate with clients’ treatment teams to coordinate care, and engage in continuing education and supervision to hone your skills and knowledge. In addition to counseling, you will also assist Kara Lydon Nutrition with marketing and social media support.
- Utilize medical nutrition therapy and evidence-based care to provide effective and ethical nutrition counseling to clients.
- Coordinate care with other members of treatment teams in professional manner.
- Engage in regular supervision and continuing education to hone skills and knowledge base.
- Coordinate with other members of Kara Lydon Nutrition team for administrative logistics.
- Provide accurate documentation for client visits.
- Coordinate monthly newsletter for email list.
- Write guest posts for The Foodie Dietitian Blog.
- Provide social media support for various platforms.
Required Work Experience:
Preference given to those who have experience working within the eating disorder field, but open to all levels of experience.
- Knowledgeable of the principles of intuitive eating and their applications
- Familiarity of and alignment with principles of Health At Every Size
- Experience utilizing motivational interviewing and other counseling techniques
- Ability to analyze research studies and communicate findings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with social media platforms (blog, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.)
- Hard-working and highly motivated
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to engage in own self-care practices
- Eagerness to learn and grow
- Empathetic, compassionate, and mindful
- Adaptable and flexible
- Registered Dietitian and licensed in state of Massachusetts
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Nutrition
Compensation: Based on qualifications
Starting Date: March 2020
- Submit a cover letter stating why you’d be a good fit for this position as well as a resume/CV (including social media accounts, if applicable).
- Email applications to [email protected] by January 20th.