How do I even begin to summarize 2.5 weeks in Thailand and Cambodia? Even if I could, it would surely surpass the appropriate word count for a blog post by miles. Hence, I present to you a top-ten list of what I learned while overseas:
10. My new favorite word (and mode of transportation) is tuk-tuk. Say it once and you won’t be able to stop.
9. Temples are the most intricate beautiful structures I’ve ever seen in my life.
8. No craft beers or IPA in SE Asia. Just elephant pee, in a bottle. Cheers.
7. As much as I love singing “Sunrise, Sunset” from Fiddler on the Roof, I enjoy seeing them in-person much more.
6. Angkor Wat – will change your life. Forever. Period.
5. Oh yeah, so will the Kompong Phluk floating village in Siem Reap.
4. Buddah is one chill mother.
3. New life ambition: become an elephant mahout and feed baby elephants…all…day…long.
2. I like to get fresh with facial carvings made out of stone. What can I say? Look at those features!
1. The secret to unlocking eternal happiness in life: never leave this beach. Ever.
Next up on the Thailand series…the food! Saving the best for last!