- 2 cups White Whole Wheat Flour, sifted
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 cup milk (or milk substitute of choice)
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional topping: 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Preheat oven to 325?F. Coat doughnut pans with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, turmeric, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk honey, milk, Greek yogurt, egg, and extract together. Stir the milk mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour the doughnut batter into the pans, filling the molds two-thirds full. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the doughnuts cool in the pan for 2 minutes before flipping onto a wire rack.
- Optional topping: Whisk powdered sugar and turmeric until well combined and sprinkle on top of doughnuts.
To make a glaze topping: Whisk 1/3 cup water, ¾ cup honey, and ½ teaspoon turmeric together in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it begins to boil. Remove from heat. Dip doughnuts in glaze while still warm.