- 1 medium head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 4 tablespoons vegan buttery spread, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed, and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small bunch kale, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Steam cauliflower florets until fork tender and transfer to a food processor. Add almond milk and 2 tablespoons buttery spread and pulse to a smooth, creamy puree.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add leeks and cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Add garlic and cook another minute, or until fragrant. Add kale and toss to coat. Add water, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes. Remove cover and reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally. Cook for another 10-12 minutes, or until kale is tender. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Fold cauliflower puree into the kale mixture until combined. Transfer to a baking dish and make a small well in the center of the dish. Place under broiler for about five minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Place remaining buttery spread into the well. Serve immediately.
You may need to add a little more water to the kale if it’s starting to dry up while cooking.