- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed, washed, and sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces garlic hummus
- ¼ cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- For garnish: Manitoba Harvest Hemp Oil and extra Hemp Hearts
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add leeks and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until softened.
- Add garlic and cook one minute, or until fragrant.
- Add vegetable stock and asparagus and stir. Bring to a boil and then cover pot and let simmer for 5-6 minutes, or until asparagus is tender.
- Remove pot from heat. Stir in hummus and Hemp Hearts. Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth and creamy. Stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve immediately. Garnish with a drizzle of Hemp Oil and a sprinkle of Hemp Hearts.
If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can transfer soup contents to a blender to puree.