- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes (about 1/2 14-ounce can)
- 1/2 cup dry brown or green lentils
- 1/4 cup canned diced green chilis, drained and rinsed
- 1 3/4 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for at least two hours
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup hot almond milk
- extra salt to taste
- optional: cilantro for garnish
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- Add onion, tomatoes, lentils, chilis, 1 teaspoon chili powder, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and vegetable stock to a slow cooker. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- In a food processor, add cashews, bell pepper, nutritional yeast, 3/4 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and almond milk and pulse for 3-5 minutes, or until smooth and creamy. Add extra salt to taste.
- Pour cashew cheese into slow cooker and mix in with the lentils. Dip should be served warm, with tortilla chips and option to garnish with cilantro.