- 1 pound dry Gigantes beans (or dry large lima beans), soaked overnight or for at least for 8 hours
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped (approx 2 cups)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (approx 1 1/2 cups)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup Greek olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Optional for serving: fresh baked bread, feta cheese
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Serve with fresh baked bread and feta cheese.
- If you can’t find gigantes or large lima beans, regular lima beans will do the trick.