- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp butter
- 5 Cortland apples (you can use Macintosh or another variety fit for baking)
- 1/2 cup water
- Optional toppings: vanilla bean ice cream, salted caramel sauce
- Core apples using an apple corer or sharp knife. Chop off the top of the apple along with its stem so that the top of the apple is even.
- In a medium bowl, add oats, flour, sugars, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
- Stuff the empty apple cavity with the oats mixture, pressing down firmly to pack in. Top the apple off with additional oats mixture.
- Add water to the crockpot and carefully place apples in so that they are standing upright. Add a tbsp of butter on top of each apple. Cook on low for 2 hours. Remove from the crockpot and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Optional: Top with ice cream and/or salted caramel sauce.