To make peppermint hot chocolate mix:
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon crushed peppermint candies (about 2 candy canes)
- Optional: mini marshmallows to fill in any space at the top
To make peppermint hot chocolate:
- 4–5 cups milk (or non-dairy milk alternative)
- 1 (16 ounce) mason jar of peppermint hot chocolate mix
- Optional: marshmallows or whipped cream
For the peppermint hot chocolate mix:
- In a 16-ounce mason jar, layer the following ingredients: cocoa powder, sugar, chocolate chips, crushed peppermint. Optional: top it off with mini marshmallows if there’s extra room at the top.
- Tie mason jars with ribbon or twine and a tag.
To make peppermint hot chocolate on the stovetop:
- Shake content of the mason jar (minus marshmallows if you used them) until combined.
- Add contents of jar and milk to small sauce pan over medium-low heat. Whisk regularly until chocolate chips and peppermint have melted, about 5 minutes.
- Pour into mugs and (optional) garnish with mini marshmallows or whipped cream.
How to make peppermint hot chocolate in the slow cooker:
Add contents of jar to the slow cooker with milk and set to low for ~ 2 hours, or until everything is melted. Stir to combine.
- Category: Holiday
- Method: DIY
- Cuisine: Beverage
Keywords: peppermint, hot chocolate, DIY, mason jar, holiday gift, Christmas gift