- 2 cups warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- In a medium-large bowl*, stir together water, yeast and honey and let sit until foamy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add whole-wheat flour, bread flour and salt and stir until a ragged dough forms. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Remove pot from the Instant Pot and place the trivet on the bottom. Place bowl directly on top of trivet. Close lid and set to yogurt function for 3 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F and place lidded dutch oven inside.
- Pour out the dough onto a well-floured surface and using a spatula fold the edges over like an envelope, being careful not to work the dough too much. Turn the dough over and, working quickly, shape it into a ball by rotating it with your well-floured hands. Flour the top and bottom of the load and cover with a floured towel until oven is preheated.
- Remove the dutch oven from the oven and take off the lid. Sprinkle cornmeal onto the bottom of the pot. Lift the dough with a spatula and your hands and quickly drop it into the pot. Using a sharp knife, make a few long slashes through the top of the dough to allow steam to escape. Place the lid back on the pot and return it to the oven.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until deeply browned and cracked on the top.
- Remove bread from the pot and set on a wire rack to cool before serving.
- Make sure the size of your bowl will fit into your Instant Pot.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking, Instant Pot
Keywords: instant pot, bread, no knead, whole-wheat