- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. sliced cremini mushrooms (Baby Bella mushrooms)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 lbs. green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup crispy fried onions
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté function for 7 minutes. Add olive oil and let heat for 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté for remainder of time, about 5 minutes, turning mushrooms over halfway through.
- Stir in butter, garlic and thyme and set to Sauté for 1 minute, or until butter is melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add green beans and vegetable broth. Secure lid onto Instant Pot. Close the steam vent (should be on sealing). Set to high pressure for 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together cream, milk, parmesan cheese, and cornstarch.
- After pressure cook is finished, use quick release valve to release steam.
- Once pressure is released, open lid and drain out liquid.
- Stir in cream mixture and set to Sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until mixture begins to bubble and thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour out into casserole dish. Top with crispy fried onions.
- Optional: Place casserole dish under broiler until onions are browned, about 1-2 minutes.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Thanksgiving
Keywords: holiday, thanksgiving, instant pot, green bean casserole, vegetarian