A healthy shamrock shake, aka smoothie, that’s minty fresh and radiates a festive, vibrant green – perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6–8 fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup milk (or non-dairy milk alternative)
- Optional: whipped cream and/or cacao nibs or chocolate shavings for garnish
- Add all ingredients, in the order listed above, to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Serve cold.
- Optional: garnish with whipped cream and/or cacao nibs or chocolate shavings.
- Slice the bananas before storing them in the in an airtight container or bag in the freezer. This will help them blend easier in the smoothie vs. throwing them in whole.
- Add bananas first since they are the hardest to blend.
- Make sure bananas are frozen so you don’t have to worry about adding ice, which dilutes the flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: St. Patrick's Day
Keywords: healthy shamrock shake, shamrock shake smoothie