- 1/2 cup teff
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk beverage
- 1 small apple, cored and chopped into 1/2 inch-cubes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup (or more to taste for added sweetness)
- Optional toppings: chopped walnuts and chia seeds
- In a medium saucepan, toast teff over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until you hear it start to sizzle and pop.
- Transfer teff to a medium pot and add coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Stir in maple syrup and let sit for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- In the meantime, add apples, cinnamon and nutmeg to a microwave-safe bowl and cook for two minutes until apples are tender and juices have released.
- Top porridge with spiced apples and any other desired toppings (walnuts, chia seeds). Serve immediately, adding more coconut milk as desired.