Not sure what to do with the garlic scapes you got in your CSA or at the farmer’s market? Make my super easy garlic scape pesto! Delicious on bread, pasta, veggies, proteins, aka all the things.
- 1 bunch or 10-13 garlic scapes (about 1 cup chopped)
- 1/2 cup packed basil
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a high speed blender or food processor, add garlic scapes, basil, walnuts, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and pulse until combined.
- With the blender or food processor running, stream in the olive oil. Scrape down the sides of the blender and continue blending as needed until the olive oil is emulsified and the pesto looks uniform.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pesto, garlic scape