Ready in less than 10 minutes, my easy garlic scape pesto is the perfect use for those garlic scapes you got in your CSA or at the farmer’s market. Delicious on bread, pasta, veggies, proteins, aka all the things!
- 1 bunch or 10-13 garlic scapes, bulb and woody ends removed, chopped into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup chopped)
- 1/2 cup packed basil
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare garlic scapes by trimming just below the bulb and woody ends. Chop remaining scape into 1-inch pieces.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, add garlic scapes and basil and pulse to combine.
- Add walnuts and pulse until combined. Scrape down the sides of the blender / food processor as needed.
- With the blender or food processor running, stream in the olive until emulsified and pesto looks uniform.
- Add parmesan cheese and lemon juice and blend until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Store pesto in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer for up to six months.
- I like to freeze pesto in ice cube trays and then transfer to a freezer bag for long-term storage. This allows me to use a little bit of pesto at a time as I need it.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: garlic scape pesto