- 1 large zucchini, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups 1:1 gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Using a cheese cloth or clean kitchen towel, squeeze to press out any excess moisture from the grated zucchini.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients: egg, sugars, oil, applesauce, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Add the zucchini to the dry ingredients. Pour wet mixture over top and mix well using an electric mixer, about 2-3 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 60-65 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes and then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Electric mixer allows you to incorporate more air into the batter which helps gluten-free breads to rise
- Bring all wet ingredients to room temperature before adding (eggs, applesauce)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Quick Bread
Keywords: zucchini bread, gluten-free