- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and cubed
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 small bunch kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1 3/4 24oz jars marinara sauce
- 12 whole-wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Toss butternut squash in a large mixing bowl with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, basil, garlic powder, egg and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the bottom of the slow cooker with 1 cup of sauce. Layer 3 noodles on top, breaking as needed to fit. Spread 1/3 of ricotta mixture over the noodles. Add 1/3 of kale and butternut squash over the ricotta. Top with 1 cup of sauce. Repeat this layering 2 more times. Top with one more layer of noodles and sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours. Top with mozzarella cheese and cover for about 10 minutes (or until melted).
To save additional time, purchase already peeled and cubed butternut squash.
Save the leftover tomato sauce for reheating/serving.