- 1 French baguette, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 ½ tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Manitoba Harvest Hemp Oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- ½ small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into ½ inch cubes (about 2 ½ cups)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly brush both sides of bread with 1 ½ tablespoons hemp oil and sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Transfer bread to two baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes, flipping slices over halfway through.
- In a medium nonstick pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot and sage and cook for 30-60 seconds. Add butternut squash, spread out in a single layer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring once. Lower heat to medium and cook for another 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender and sides are browned. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Let cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend yogurt, goat cheese and 1 teaspoon hemp oil together using a hand mixer or transfer to a food processor and pulse until creamy and smooth.
- To assemble the crostini, generously spread yogurt mixture on top of baguette and add a spoonful of butternut squash mixture (approx. 4 cubes). Top with dried cranberries and Hemp Hearts.