Hands-off rice pudding ready in just four hours in the slow cooker. Made with brown rice and coconut milk, this recipe boasts extra fiber and is vegan-friendly!
- 1/2 cup short grain brown rice
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups oat milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Optional toppings: coconut whipped cream, slivered almonds
- In a slow cooker, add rice, coconut milk, oat milk, maple syrup, and vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in raisins.
- Optional: Top with coconut whipped cream and/or slivered almonds.
- I like my rice pudding to be a little more porridge like (aka more liquid). If you’re the same way, follow my recipe and you can’t go wrong. If you like your pudding to be drier and to be more of the sticky grains (like in the pictures here), use 1 cup less liquid and check after 3 hours.
- You can make this with short-grain white rice instead of brown rice but you may need to reduce cooking time.
- Be sure to use short-grain rice, not long-grain!
- You can use any type of non-dairy milk or cow’s milk for this recipe! I find canned coconut milk, cashew milk, and oat milk to be the creamiest.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: brown rice pudding, coconut milk rice pudding, slow cooker rice pudding, slow cooker coconut rice pudding