- 1/2 lb whole-wheat penne
- 2 bunches of local Dinosaur kale (any type of kale will do), stems removed and cut leaves in half
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1 15-oz can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesean
- Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. Save 1/2 cup pasta water.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced onion and cook for a few minutes, until soft. Add garlic and let cook for 1 minute.
- Add kale and 1/2 cup pasta water. Toss to combine and cover and cook for a 5 minutes or until kale is wilted. Add beans and cooked pasta. Toss to combine.
- Add more olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Top with Parmesean cheese.