for the salad:
- 1 bulb fennel, halved and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/8tsp sea salt
- 1/8tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 16 Breton Gluten Free Original with Flax crackers (1/2 sleeve)
- 1 bunch arugula (roughly 4 cups)
- 1/4c shaved pecorino romano
- fennel fronds, for garnish
for the dressing:
- Juice of one lemon (2 tbsp)
- 1/4c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8tsp of sea salt
- 1/8tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss fennel with 1 tbsp oil, salt, and pepper, and place onto baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until fennel is caramelized. Let fennel cool to room temperature.
- Add the Breton Gluten Free Original with Flax crackers to a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs are formed (yield: roughly 3/4 cup crumbs). Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in a medium saucepan on medium heat. Add crumbs and stir frequently until crumbs are golden brown and crispy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add arugula, fennel, and cheese to a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine. Before serving, top with breadcrumbs and fennel fronds for garnish.