For the chia pudding:
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
For the toppings:
- 1 pint fresh black mission figs (about 15 figs), cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Add chia seeds, coconut milk, and maple syrup in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place halved figs onto baking sheet and drizzle maple syrup on top and toss to coat. Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Let cool until room temperature.
- Before serving, whisk chia pudding once more to remove any clumps. Top with roasted figs and toasted walnuts, to serve.
To toast walnuts: Add walnuts to a medium saucepan over medium heat and toast for a few minutes, until golden brown.