- 1 French baguette, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup pomegranate aerials (seeds from 1 pomegranate)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves (about 8 mint leaves)
- 1 ½ teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup goat cheese
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- Optional: Extra mint and orange zest for garnish
- 1. In a small-medium mixing bowl, add pomegranate aerials, mint, orange zest, honey and stir to combine. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until ready to use.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly brush both sides of bread with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer bread to two baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes, flipping slices over halfway through.
- 3. In a medium mixing bowl, blend goat cheese and yogurt together using a hand mixer or transfer to a food processor and pulse until creamy and smooth.
- 4. Remove pomegranate mixture from refrigerator and fold in wild blueberries.
- 5. To assemble the baguettes, spread yogurt mixture on top of bread (approximately 1 tablespoon) and add a spoonful of fruit mixture over top (being careful to avoid juices at the bottom of the bowl). Serve immediately.
- 6. Optional: Garnish with orange zest and mint.
Try a whole-grain baguette for an extra fiber and nutrition punch! No Greek yogurt but plenty of cream cheese on hand? You can easily substitute cream cheese for Greek yogurt here.