- 2 medium zucchini (about 3 cups shredded)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup walnut halves, chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together zucchini, sugar, pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla and eggs.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until combined.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts, reserving about 1/4 cup walnuts for topping.
- Divide batter evenly into both pans. Bake 70-80 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing loaves from pans and cooling on cooking rack. Cool completely before serving.
Divide recipe in half for one loaf or store second loaf in the freezer for future use!