- 10 ounces sliced cremini (baby bella) mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Salt, to taste
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup packed grated pecorino romano
- 1/3 cup packed grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss mushrooms with olive oil, Worcestershire sauce and garlic and season with salt, to taste. Bake at 350 degrees F until crispy, about 45-60 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti until just before al dente. Reserve pasta water before draining spaghetti.
- While spaghetti is cooking, in a medium bowl whisk together eggs and egg yolks. Whisk in cheeses and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, add 1/4 cup reserved pasta water and bring to boil. Add spaghetti and cook, tossing constantly, until al dente and water is reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk 1/4 cup pasta water into egg mixture and slowly pour into dutch oven, stirring constantly, until a glossy sauce is formed. Season with salt, as needed. Thin sauce with remaining pasta water, as needed, one tablespoon at a time, until sauce is consistency of heavy cream. Stir in mushroom bacon.
- Serve with freshly cracked black pepper and grated cheese.