- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped (approx 1 cup)
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage (approx 10 sage leaves)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 15.5oz can cannellini beans
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Optional: Pepitas for garnish
- In a 4 quart pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until translucent. Add garlic and sage and cook for another minute, or until fragrant.
- Add broth, pumpkin, beans, turmeric, nutmeg and salt and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer.
- Transfer to a high-speed blender or use an immersion blender to puree the soup. If using a high-speed blender, transfer soup back to the pot. Let cook for 5-10 more minutes on medium-low heat. Add pepper to taste.
- Optional: Garnish soup with pepitas (pumpkin seeds).