- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (15.5oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree or 1 3/4 cups
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 (13.6oz) can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 small bunch kale, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Rice, chopped peanuts, cilantro and lime for serving
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, add onion, carrot, garlic, chickpeas, pumpkin, peanut butter, coconut milk, vegetable broth, curry powder and salt. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Stir in kale and red bell pepper and cook for another hour, leaving slow cooker uncovered. Add lime juice.
- Serve with rice, chopped peanuts, cilantro and lime.