- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup creamy, unsalted peanut butter
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 6 tablespoons water
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate (vegan)
- Maldon sea salt (or any course sea salt)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine flaxseed and water and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and flax eggs until smooth and creamy.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix oats, chocolate, baking soda and cinnamon until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine until mixture is sticky.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scooper, drop 2-inch rounds of dough onto the baking sheet so cookies are a few inches apart. Sprinkle course sea salt over tops of cookies. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden-brown and somewhat firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for a couple minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Option to sprinkle a few more flakes of sea salt over top. Let cool completely before serving.