For the crust:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1/8 tsp salt
For the pie filling:
- 1 can pumpkin
- 10 oz silken tofu
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Optional topping: coconut whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish with coconut oil.
- In a food processor, pulse walnuts, gluten-free oats. coconut oil, brown sugar, and salt to combine. Add cold water and pulse again to mix.
- Transfer mixture to pie dish and using your hands, press the mixture into the pie dish to form the crust.
- Pre bake crust for 10 minutes. Remove crust and let cool.
- Turn the oven temperature up to 400 degrees.
- In the meantime, in a blender or food processor, add pumpkin, tofu, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, syrups, and cornstarch. Blend to combine until smooth.
- Pour pumpkin filling into pie dish.
- Bake pie for 60 minutes. Let cool.
- Optional: serve with coconut whipped cream.
- Serving Size: 8 servings (slices)