- 1 small head cauliflower, quartered, cores removed, and broken into florets
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least one hour
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ cup Hemp Hearts
- ½ tablespoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ cup hot almond milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 medium heads broccoli, cut into 2-inch pieces, quickly steamed
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse until broken down into couscous-sized granules.* Set aside.
- In a food processor, add cashews, nutritional yeast, vinegar, garlic, salt, white pepper, Hemp Hearts, miso, lemon juice, and ½ cup almond milk and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- In a large saucepan, add olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and let cook for 3-5 minutes, or until onions are translucent. Add flour and whisk until oil is absorbed and onions are coated, about 60 seconds. Add milk and whisk until thickened, about 5 minutes. Whisk in cashew cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add broccoli to a 9×13-inch casserole dish. Pour cashew cheese sauce over broccoli and mix to evenly distribute. Sprinkle 1 cup “cauliflower rice” over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until cauliflower rice starts to turn golden brown and sauce is bubbling.
*Some florets may not break down. Pull these out and set aside. Transfer cauliflower rice to another bowl and reprocess the larger cauliflower pieces.