- 3 cups coconut milk beverage
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp + 2 1/2 tsp sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- pinch of cayenne powder
- 1.5oz mezcal
- Optional: coconut whipped cream, cocoa nibs and cinnamon for garnish
- On a stovetop over low-medium heat, add coconut milk, cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon, chipotle powder, and cayenne and whisk together until smooth and temperature is hot.
- Once hot enough, add mezcal and stir. Pour into two mugs.
- Optional: garnish with coconut whipped cream, cocoa nibs and cinnamon.
I originally tried this recipe using full fat canned coconut milk but found it to be too thick and rich for my tasting. The coconut milk beverage was a welcome solution.