- (1) 9-ounce package of Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini
- ½ lb. asparagus, tough ends removed and cut into two-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes (about 6 pieces), sliced
- ¼ cup Buitoni pesto
- Optional: shredded parmesan cheese and freshly cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Reserve ¼ cup of pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside.
- While tortellini is cooking, toss asparagus with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place asparagus on parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes, or until asparagus is tender.
- In a large sauté pan, heat remaining olive oil (1 tablespoon) over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 60 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add shrimp and cook until bright pink and opaque, about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Add asparagus, sun dried tomatoes, tortellini, pesto, and 3-4 tablespoons reserved pasta water and toss to combine until evenly coated.
- Serve hot and option to garnish with shredded parmesan cheese and freshly cracked black pepper.