- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2, 3-inch or 1, 5-inch jalapeno peppers, stemmed and quartered, including seeds
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15-ounce can hominy (pozole), drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Optional toppings: pepitas, queso fresco or ricotta salata
- Add onion, jalapenos, garlic and ½ cup chicken broth to a high-speed blender and blend until puréed.
- In a 4-quart pot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and break into small pieces using a fork. Season with salt and sauté until browned, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer ground turkey and any remaining liquid to a bowl.
- In the same pot, add remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add purée and cumin and cook until mixture is thickened and a darker shade of green, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add turkey, beans, hominy, and remaining 1 cup of broth. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with salt, to taste.
- Serve hot with optional toppings.
- Adjust jalapeños depending on preferred level of spiciness.