- 1 small cooking pumpkin
- 8oz package tempeh, sliced into 32 pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2 tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Optional: sriracha to taste or serve with naturally sweetened cranberry sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut stem off pumpkin and cut in half, lengthwise. Discard seeds and pulp from pumpkin.
- Place halves of pumpkin facing down on baking sheet. Bake for 1 – 1.5 hours. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Fill a pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Place tempeh into a steam basket and place over boiling water and cover. Let steam for 10 minutes.
- Once pumpkin is cooled, peel off the skin or scoop out the flesh and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- On a large flat skillet or in a large cast-iron skillet, add olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, add onions and let cook for 5 minutes, until fragrant and softened.
- Add tempeh, Brussels sprouts, pumpkin, liquid smoke, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper and toss to combine.
- Let cook for about 15 minutes, or until the hash has browned, tossing occasionally.
- Optional: Add sriracha to taste or serve with naturally sweetened cranberry sauce