Ready in just 15 minutes, this blackened corn is perfect for a summer side dish. Charred in a cast iron pan with spices like smoked paprika, oregano, thyme, and garlic powder, this corn is packed with flavor and heat!
- 1 1/4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 3/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and kernels removed (about 3.5 cups kernels)*
- Optional: feta or cojita cheese and cilantro, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, cayenne powder, brown sugar, salt and pepper until combined.
- In a large nonstick or cast iron pan, add butter over medium heat. Once melted, add corn and spices and stir until coated.
- Cook corn, stirring occasionally, until corn is browned and starts to pop, about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold and garnish with optional toppings like feta or cojita cheese and cilantro.
- You can use frozen corn as well – defrost the corn before cooking.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: Cast iron
- Cuisine: Summer
Keywords: blackened corn, charred corn, blackened corn without the grill, cast iron corn