- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 3 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 (10oz) container of Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional: avocado slices and/or plain Greek yogurt for garnish
- In a large pot, add olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and let cook for about 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute, until fragrant.
- Add vegetable stock, sweet potatoes, and cumin and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 30-45 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Stir in hummus and remove from heat. Use an immersion blender to puree soup until smooth and creamy (alternatively you could transfer soup to a blender to puree). Season with salt.
- Optional: Garnish with avocado slices and/or plain Greek yogurt.